07. Nancy Zimmerman
This tutu represents a box of nostalgic treasures; fond memories of the past, mingled with current joys celebrating the rich and intricate fabric of The National Ballet of Canada. Like the fine net of the tutu, a myriad of people with various skills have brought strength and beauty to the stage for the past 60 years.
The photos and tiny books include the images or names of dancers, directors, donors, staff, artists, physicians, choreographers, musicians and friends. Tokens and charms represent various performances, while the thimble, nails and shoes honour the work behind the scenes. The tickets acknowledge the importance of the audience, the gloves for applause and community support. Additionally, the tutu includes a selection of memories submitted by National Ballet Alumni displayed on the bodice.
Nancy Zimmerman has over 30 years of professional experience as a mural and fine art illustrator and painter. She studied Fine Art at Brock University and shares her talent with the local community as an art teacher.
Photos by Setareh Sarmadi and Marta Ryczko.
- pupabu likes this
- lizzy-in-a-paper-boat reblogged this from nationalballet
- talarium-fifi reblogged this from f-i-n-a-l-l-y-d-o-n-e
- thebeautywithin101 reblogged this from because-we-dance
- velvetfellnes reblogged this from nationalballet
- because-we-dance reblogged this from nationalballet
- f-i-n-a-l-l-y-d-o-n-e likes this
- benitah likes this
- radicalhobbits reblogged this from nationalballet
- petitedancer11 reblogged this from nationalballet
- lioness-butterfly-bee reblogged this from nationalballet
- nationalballet posted this