18. Noel Middleton on Behalf of Narwhal Art Projects
The Lemkos Tutu is derived from characteristics founded in 14th century chapel construction by settlers in the Carpathian Mountains. Inspired by early Slavic churches which embraced the interrelation of the surrounding environment as centres for worship, this tutu is constructed entirely from locally reclaimed and collected wood. The Lemkos Tutu alludes to the reclamation of repudiated traditions.
Noel Middleton is a multi-disciplinary artist who works in sculpture, installation, photography and video. Middleton carefully accumulates found natural materials to create work that explores aspects of reclusion and fantasy. His work plays with the visual tropes of fairy tales and fantasy, presenting familiar characters, figures and forms that stem from these vocabularies.
Photos by Setareh Sarmadi.
- magicponyland likes this
- historyofnothing likes this
- itsphoebers reblogged this from nationalballet and added:
- radicalhobbits reblogged this from nationalballet
- amaliabalashs reblogged this from nationalballet
- heartisahallowplain reblogged this from nationalballet
- heartisahallowplain likes this
- eunice-bee likes this
- nationalballet posted this